At Meta we are committed to running and helping you run your business with integrity. A business built on the core principles of integrity is a business that has a recipe for success.
So often we hear the word integrity, but what do we mean when we speak about integrity? What pops to mind for most people are the words honesty and truth, and most definitely they are a very core part of integrity. But it is also interesting to consider that what makes integrity so powerful in our lives and our businesses is that integrity is also about reliability. So I would invite you to consider that:
- Integrity is about doing what you promised to do,
- when you promised to do it – no exceptions
- Integrity is about not making excuses for promises broken
- Integrity is about taking responsibility and owning up to others when we have gone back on what we said we would do
- Integrity is about being honest and truthful even when that’s not popular or comfortable
We can be out of integrity with others, but just as much with ourselves. I know the numerous times I have promised to do something good for myself, and I don’t. Consider for a moment: if we can’t keep our promises to ourselves, how can we do it with others…??
I have found that when I restore my integrity and follow through on my promises to myself and others, I have a sense of freedom and openness that was not there before. All I am doing is acknowledging that this is important to me and I am re-choosing to do it. If I have a promise to someone else that I have not made good on, then I communicate that to that person, honestly, and make sure that, from that point on, I follow through on my word.
Our lives flourish when we live from a place of integrity, so why not make it easier on yourself and others, keep your promises, it enables you and others the freedom to be the best that you and they can be.
1. List the areas of your life where you have some broken promises, or promises not fulfilled- be honest, but don’t beat yourself up, you are just taking a look.
2. Now go through your list and choose the top three promises that would be most beneficial for you to restore, either a promise to yourself or to others. If you have more than 3 on your list, make a promise to yourself to keep going back to your list.
3. Continue to notice where in your life you are in integrity and where not, and decide to act out of integrity, and see what happens.
Comments are closed.